Sunday, May 4, 2008

DOGSWALK 2008

Tom, Jerry, Abbie & Smartie





Today was the ACS DOGSWALK at Bear Mountain and it turned out to be a really nice DRY day. I spent $50 on raincoats for the dogs yesterday so that our cars wouldn't smell like wet dog all the way home but now I can return them! Paul and I raised $951 and our team raised $1688. This was amazing. Next year we hope to raise $1000 for our team. Thank you to all who donated.



Smartie, my dad & Abbie



Jeanine & Abbie





Teammates Fiona & Diesel



As for the walk itself we had a great time. We walked around Hessian Lake and we miraculously made it to the finish line without Smartie ending up in the lake. There were great vendors who gave out a lot of free stuff and this year my dad and I entered some contests. Abbie did the "Best Tail Wag" contest and came in second place. Tom did the "Best Trick" contest and sang to Fergie's Big Girls Don't Cry in front of 500+ people. He didn't win anything but everyone thought he was too funny. Too bad they didn't play Goo Goo Dolls. He would have rocked the house. Jerry entered the "Musical Sit" contest and kicked butt. He came in first place and won a new Comfort Lead from J&B Wholesale.




Abbie's winning tail



Jerry doesn't look too coordinated here but don't let that fool you. He came in first place in the Musical sit!



Tom singing


My dad and I also bought a "dog's length of tickets apiece and we ended up both winning a prize in the raffle. I won a gift basket from Paws of Distinction with over $150 worth of pet products including organic dog shampoo, a new ceramic food bowl, fleece lined collar and leash, coat shiner, toys and a year's worth of gourmet dog biscuits plus more stuff I can't remember right now. My dad won a dog house and a whole bag full of tennis balls and dog toys from Petco. We had such a nice time and it was all for a great cause.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased with your new addition!!!! I pray that all will remain well...... Take care, Sandy!


I am pleased that you are finally promoted to the 4th grade!! LOL