Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to Work

Well September finally arrived and so did a new school year. I have to say I was very excited to start the year with the very same class as last year minus a few- one left :( for private school, one was placed in a special needs room (at least I get to see her every day) and the problem child switched schools. I think his mom was so annoyed I called everyday to discuss his poor, disruptive and dangerous behavior she couldn't deal with it anymore! Hopefully he stays at this new school and gets the help he needs.

All the rest of the kids are great and were so excited to be back. One said, "It's just like a long weekend and now we are back." Another said, "Now we are just taller!" I was a little nervous about the first day telling them I was pregnant- I guess not nervous about them but their parents. However everyone is very excited and I know I will get them ready before I leave for maternity leave so things will be fine. I told the kids the baby can hear everything so I shouldn't have to yell or scream and they should be quiet too. So one little genius turns to my belly and yells HI BABY!!!! So much for following directions better now that we are in fourth grade.

No comments: