Monday, February 22, 2010

A Great Week Off


This week went by so fast of course since I was home. Emme and I had a lot of fun together. We helped Aunt Jeanine clean out Grammy and Papa Mike's garage and found a ton of treasures to bring home and play with. We went to Erin's birthday at Stew Leonard's, Emme had her first dentist appointment which went great. A few tears but her teeth are in excellent shape. Paul and I took Emme to the Maritime Aquarium and she absolutely loved it. See earlier post.

Erin, Jeanine and Emme

Dog class was canceled due to the snow storm but Emme hung out with all her doggie buddies this week except Brodie who wasn't feeling too good. :(

Tom & Emme


Emme & Jerry

Emme also went to the eye doctor for her checkup and they found her astigmatism has not gotten worse and it isn't nearly as bad as mine so we can hold off glasses for a bit. She has to go back in 6 months to see if there is any change. The doctor said it can even improve so we are doing some hand eye coordination things like putting her "vintage" little people in their chairs and cars.

We met Aunt Jeanine and Grammy at the mall and were able to get Grammy a dress for Aunt Jeanine's wedding. Of course Grammy spoiled her as always with new outfits and a pocketbook too.

On Thursday I braved going out to lunch with my mom, some friends from work and Emme. The bravery being that I took Emme to a restaurant and expected her to sit nicely for an hour and a half. She was really good. I only had to pull out my blackberry for her for the last 20 minutes. She even used the potty! We all had a great time. It was good seeing Debbie who is lucky to have been able to retire.

Paul and I also got our taxes done and I have to say we really like our new accountant. Our old one died suddenly last summer and he was really great. He will be missed. I am so glad to have the taxes done. It makes me feel like I am ahead for once.

We were able to visit Grandma Q for a little bit as we had to stay away earlier in the week because we both were germy and didn't want to get Grandpa sick. Emme was running all over the house. Better get those gates!

We even got to visit and have dinner with Marianne and Natalie. They got to splish splash in the big bathtub and run around. The girls had a fun time until Emme had an accident. She was playing with Uncle Dom's keys and tripped and poked her eyelid with the keys as she fell. There was so much blood but thankfully it was just a minor cut. How scary, but we all reamined as calm as could be except for Emme who was not happy at all. There will be no more keys for Emme.

Emme (pre boo boo) & Natalie

My parents wanted to do something special for Emme's birthday present other than toys since my house looks like a Toys R Us truck jack-knifed in my living room so they gave her the gift of music. A ten week class at Music Together. It is so fun. Paul's cousin Laura teaches the program during the week at a different site and she told me how awesome it is. We were sad we couldn't take her class because I work during the week but we have a great instructor Ernie who is amazing.


There are so things the kids work on and they have lots of hands on stuff. We play with all kinds of instruments, egg shakers, silk scarves, sea shells, balls and build on to songs every week. We have the cds to play at home and in the car that go along with the music class which is so cool since I cannot sing to save my life at least I have the music to mask my voice! I have learned so much from the class too. Super class and I would recommend to anyone with kids from birth-5.

Emme and Natalie playing with the shells from the Sally sells seashells song.

1 comment:

Chrissy Sherwood said...

I can't believe how big she's getting. She's so CUTE!!!!!
Hopefully we can get together this summer:)