Thursday, June 9, 2011

Still Loving Her Brother

I am so lucky. Emme has adjusted so nicely to her brother's arrival. Potty training has been done for awhile now and she is really becoming more mature. She is so helpful although the terrible two whining phase has begun. I HATE WHINING! I think it is worse than nails on a chalkboard. It incenses me to the point where I just want to scream. Also Emme has some insatiable desire to rub, pet,kiss, hug and squeeze Jack's head like he is a puppy. She has no concern for his skull although his soft spot was closed extrememly early. I guess he knew what was coming. Aside from this the kids are happy together. Even the pups enjoy an extra face to lick!

The Dance Festival at school went superbly. We were the finale. It went so fast but the kids did a great job and so did we coordinating, yelling, practicing, yelling, making sure they were doing the right thing, yelling-- OK I did the yelling, Marianne and my mom did the rest. A HUGE THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALLISON MICKELSON for getting the kids to move and groove to Bruce Springsteen. We had to choose a song from specific composers and I chose Bruce since I had a ton of albums and like him but let me tell you after listening to more than two hundred tracks there was only one I found to be appropriate for school use- I'm a Rocker. Everything else was about drugs, sex, drinking, and rock and roll.

No comments: