Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tom's Birthday Butcher (hair)Cut



Well I thought today was going to be a great day of cleaning, shopping and catching up with the fall decorating after I dropped off the pups for a day at the doggie spa. (ok just kidding- I took them to get a full service groom at a local place) I figured I could use the time to clean the house top to bottom without the dog hair recollecting behind me as I vacuum since they would be gone for four hours. I thought I was pretty specific with my instructions of Tom's haircut- trim underbelly hair and cut hair around his rear end and rear legs very short. I even signed the line where it said I did not want my dog shaved. Why then at 3:20, a half hour before Paul was supposed to pick them up was I getting a call that said Hi we are calling to verify you didn't want your dog shaved. I said NO I did not want my dog shaved, I left specific instructions on what to do. Is everything ok. They said yes everything is fine. We have your instructions right here. I asked if the dogs were behaving. They said that the dogs were perfect. Ok so then I get a call from Paul upon his departure from the store without the dogs because they were not finished that Tom was partially shaved! WHAT! My poor dog. The person who entered the info into the computer entered the WRONG info and it wasn't until the woman started shaving Tom on his neck that she thought that this might be a mistake since it was not that common for Border Collies to be shaved. HMMMM Good guess. I am glad they used a seven blade or something and didn't do too much so it isn't that noticable. It really isn't that bad and he sort of needed a good cut (NOT A SHAVE) but I made them give me a discount because I had to drive out of the way to go back to get them since they weren't done earlier. He was such a trooper. He will look so handsome for his birthday tomorrow even though he is missing a good amount of hair on the back of his neck and the top of his head. I guess he wanted to be a smoothie like Jerry!

Tom after his haircut

No comments: