Monday, September 10, 2007

Yea Tom!

This weekend Tom and Smartie had their trial at Blackthorne. No Q's but they both had a great time except for Tom's little allergic reaction. After we arrived on Friday night, my dad and I had returned to the room from dinner and fed the pups when Tom and Smartie started wrestling. Smartie caught Tom across the head and I thought she hurt him because his head looked funny. Upon looking closer his eyelid was actually swollen and within minutes his eye was a slit, then his other eye. I ran to find a vet on site and I returned to find his little head swollen and his lips all pink and his eyes looked like little lines. It was so sad. But he acted so normal. Dogs don't have breathing issues like people and I was told to give him two Benadryl and ice his eyes one minute each alternately. After a few minutes he was fine. How scary. Poor Tom! So the whole thing was an allergy issue and had nothing to do with Smartie. He probably was bitten by a spider or bee. We ordered great pics of Smartie which we will post when we get them in three weeks.

No comments: