Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tom's Last Trial of 2008

Well since I can't run Tom- then how could he have competed? My dad was willing to run Tom over Thanksgiving weekend and I must say I was quite surprised with what came about. My dad worked super hard to control the beast inside of Tom. No he wasn't charging other dogs or running like a psycho out of the ring. He was being a big fat momma's boy. He did whatever he could to make eye contact with me or run towards me ( who was very outside the ring.) This made running a course with a Tom quite difficult for my dad.

Tom is a very skilled dog but could not keep an entire run together without messing up because he was looking at me. Everyone though this was very comical knowing how Tom used to be. He had trouble focusing on me for a long time and now he can't seem to handle running without focusing on me. I was glad though that the very last run- Tom's first Master Jumpers run he ran "almost" clean. He dropped the first bar why? Why else- he was looking over his shoulder at me when my dad released him therefore knocking the bar down. My dad kept super control over him until a tunnel when he came out looking for me. He ran wide and was called for a refusal but my dad got him back and nailed the rest of the course. I was so proud of my dad for sticking with "stubborn" and making the best out of it.

I think it was just as hard on me knowing how good Tom is and I couldn't run him. I miss running but it would have been a complete disaster had I tried to get out there. I can't even fit a sneaker onto my right foot. Well let's hope the baby comes early enough for me to get some run thrus in!

Here are some great pics of Tom from trials earlier this year and his 2008 collection of ribbons!
(Thanks Barry Rosen for these great pics of Tom!)

Tom achieved 8 titles this year- Go Tom!




Starters- Standard, Jumpers, Gamblers, Snooker, Pairs

A.D. Agility Dog

Advanced- Jumpers, Gamblers ( and only one leg away each in Pairs and Snooker)

Next year's goal is Standard!!!!


No comments: