Monday, December 8, 2008

Nesting!

Our home is in the middle of renovations and updating and what better time then right before the baby comes! Talk about stress! Anyway we replaced our gutters in the summer and all of our windows in the Fall (before the frost) and our basement is days away from being complete. The nursery is painted but the mural is not even started however at least the furniture is here waiting in the garage. The new baseboard heaters had to be installed in the nursery and our bedroom and should be done by tomorrow. Hopefully the taper and good Uncle Billy will come and finish the basement taping and painting on Thursday and all the furniture that belongs in the basement can start to move there. Then maybe I won't trip, fall and almost kill myself on all the stuff around. As I type my toenail is hanging off and ooze is coming from beneath because I didn't see or remember the crate "o" crap in the hall that has been sitting there for weeks now and I walked full speed into it. I should just hang a handicap sticker from my neck and go from there.


Here are some pics to show some of the work going on.


Here are some shots of the basement room. Check out the windows and the heaters and notice no beam in the middle of the room anymore!



Paul wired this room for anything and everything. It has more wire sticking out of the walls for the computer, television, high def, Fios when it finally becomes available, speakers, phones, and any other electronic wire needing device!

Here are the pictures of the old windows and then the new ones. I hate the top of the bay window but there wasn't much else they could do with our roof the way it is.
Before



After



No comments: