Monday, April 6, 2009

Y Agility Connecticut

This past weekend we did a match show for Noordelijk at FDR and then went to my baby shower and then left for Connecticut for Sunday's runs for Y Agility. It was a great weekend. We froze on Saturday morning but I think the match went very well. Tom and I did horrible in Gamblers. It was my first run outdoors post pregnancy and I think I freaked Tom out by running with a hood on. My dad ended up running him for Standard and he ran clean. This dog is a punk! We have no Advanced Standard Q's and are in Master's everything else and he runs clean in a match. It isn't even contacts that get us- it's discriminations and nonsense things. He even peed in the ring once when he heard thunder. So after the baby shower and unloading everyting and putting it away we finally left for Connecticut on Saturday night around 10pm to ensure Emme slept through the night without interruption. She was great.



Emme's first night at a hotel!

Sunday Tom had three runs- Advanced Snooker, Advanced Standard and Master's Jumpers. We started by walking the wrong course in Snooker and didn't realize until my dad was out there with Smartie. So I figured we weren't going to get far but Tom was awesome. I was in the wrong place A LOT and he worked it out and we got the Q and the Advanced Snooker title. For Standard I had perfect handling and Tom decided to wrong course out of nowhere- no Q there and Master's Jumpers was hard but we did a good job. Tom missed the reverse flow and went into the wrong end of the tunnel so we got eliminated.



The best time of the day was when my dad ran Smartie in Standard and Smartie ran beautifully and made 7 JUMPS to get her final Q to move into PII Standard. We are so proud of you Smart-O.

No comments: