Saturday, June 6, 2009

Texture Time



Emme has seemed sort of interested watching people eat. At school most of the other kids are eating cereal and fruits that are her age and when she sits in the table with them she watches them eating. Our pediatrician said Emme doesn't need nutrients from food yet since she is breastfed but she could benefit from learning different textures from foods. This will help her learn to chew, speak and stregthen the muscles of her mouth. So this week I went to the Farm Stand (Cortlandt Farm Market) for some fresh carrots. Paul made a nice puree for Emme and we froze it to try sometime soon.

However last night Marianne and I took the girls to the mall, sat them side by side in high chairs and Emme was completely fascinated by all the things Natalie was putting in her mouth. I decided to try to give her a little this morning after she nursed. I was surprised that she did so well. She didn't really spit it out. The stuff on her face ended up there since she didn't know that she needed to open her mouthand I was trying to squeeze the spoon through her lips. She ate about 7 spoonfulls. I mixed the puree with some breastmilk to make it really soupy. I inspected her mouth afterward to make sure it wasn't all stored in her cheeks but it was gone. I think her favorite part of the whole thing was putting her hands in the food on the spoon.

hmmm this is weird
Daddy and Emme

I made a mess

I don't know if I like these carrots.

Carrots in my belly!


OOOH I can play with this!


No comments: