Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back to Work

Well today was my official first day of work. It was ........ tough. I am so ready to busy myself with things related to work so I can get my mind off of things but dealing with people (not the children) is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. Two days ago I had come in to start my classroom and an older woman I know well began asking and hasseling me about when I was going to have a baby, I needed to get a move on and not wait forever etc with all good intentions of course, but mentally I snapped. A little angry satanic voice cut her off bluntly and said "I was going to have a baby - but it died!

I was so shocked that 1. I actually said that out loud and 2. I was so mean. Needless to say that conversation was quickly changed after she nervously said well you take your time and have your baby when you want to! I couldn't believe myself. I hope I don't have any more little outbursts like that, but sometimes people are so "obnoxious" as my doctor says. I actually had to go to the doctor today for bloodwork and I was having a little meltdown there. Dr. C.M. was so super supportive. We talked about how to handle these "people." We also talked about how today would have been the day my good friend (who referred me to these wonderful doctors) and I would have announced our pregnancies together at work as we were due only a week apart. Instead she announced her news while I kept my unfortunate news private. I am so excited for her and hopefully it will be me next year :)


Dr. C.M. also said, "Molar preganacies SUCK! (yes she said that) but use the next year to do amazing things- go to Italy, get a massage, travel a lot, do all the things you won't be able to do or do as easily as when you have children." Those were doctor's orders right? I wonder if I can get a prescription for that and what's covered? Hmmmmmmmm......... Hopefully tomorrow I will be a 0 --- not that 0--> I will never be a pant size 0!

No comments: