Sunday, July 5, 2009

First Visit to the Pool


Emme & Aunt Jeanine


Aunt Jeanine invited us to a local public pool on 4th of July because Paul had to work during the day. Emme has never been in any kind of pool aside from her Cadillac sized bathtub which easily could be mistaken for a pool! And boy does Emme love her bathtub. So we have her completely covered while in the sun because she cannot yet wear sunscreen. (have to wait for 6mos) We take her to the shallow end of the pool where every small child (and some childlike adults) are splashing and screaming and venture in. It was very cold OKAY ARCTIC! I was in shock it was so cold. But then I remembered I have not been in a regular pool in two years that has not been heated or in some tropic part of the world where the sun has heated it. So I put myself in and after a few moments I am fine because I have adjusted to it. I figured Emme would scream once I put her feet in but I was surprised she just scowled a bit and whined a moment and then she was ok too. She kept trying to lean down into the water with her tongue out to taste the water since I only had her feet in. She likes to taste her bath water all the time. (YUCK) So I allowed her to go into the water up to her waist and let her sit on my leg. She was so interested in the kids with goggles on and the ones who would duck under the water and kick their legs and splash with their arms. BUT when she got splashed she got MAD! We stayed in for about 10 minutes and then it was naptime. Overall I think she had a good time. Maybe later in the summer the water will be warmer and we can keep her in longer.
A little cold

ooh I like this

No comments: