Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dutchess County Fair



My mom, Emme and I met up with Ellen at the Dutchess County Fair. We decided to go on our way up to the Catskills for the weekend. Tom and Jerry had their annual Fall Blackthorne Trial which was rescheduled a week earlier this year so we made a nice 4 day weekend out of it. I was very surprised and disappointed in the fair. I was just at the Erie County Fair last week and that fair was amazing. Since I haven't been to a County Fair in a number of years- think Westchester County Fair....... I have to say things have changed quite a bit. Games were $3-$5 a try and prizes were really crappy. Vendors weren't that fabulous and it was very disorganized and the parking lot well let's just say it could take anywhere from 30-45 minutes just to get out! We will not be going to that fair again. I just might have to drive to Buffalo for the Erie one next year!!!

No comments: