Sunday, January 17, 2010

Emme's 1st Birthday Party


A party for me ALL ME!
What a weekend! Wedding yesterday and didn't get home until 10. I didn't even start decorating her cake until after 11pm. I think I went to bed by 4:30am. The party was fantastic. Emme had a great time and all the kids did too. I hope all the adults had fun but a few were overwhelmed at the energy some of the kids had. The kids were so excited with the airwalker Elmo and Big Bird balloons that we didn't think they would make it through the party. They did and they were certainly a hit. Unfortunately some guests had to leave because of the weather but by the time the party was over the roads weren't too icy. We were so excited that Paul's dad was able to come and celebrate at the party. We weren't sure if he was coming since he hasn't been feeling well. I know Emme loved seeing him there along with everyone else too. It was a nice surprise.

Yummy cake!
Emme with Grandma & Grandpa Q.
Emme's Birthday cake

Party Favor bags for the kiddies

Big Bird and Elmo airwalker balloons with Sesame Street backdrop

The food was good and the cake tasted yummy of course. Emme was super spoiled and got too many gifts! I seriously have to build a wing onto the house for the toy department. We have been introducing a toy every few days. So far she loves them all. She even got a beautifully hand knit hat and scarf which we haven't been able to wear since it has been so mild out and so so many clothes. Thank you for all the presents and for making Emme's day super special.
This was the only way to get home with the ability to see out the windows and use the mirrors!
I will post more pictures when I get ahold of my sister's and my dad's cameras since I didn't take too many pictures.

No comments: