Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pee Pee on the Potty

I took advantage of being home all week. I got a lot done and I have to say lately I have noticed that Emme pees all over a new diaper each time she gets up for a nap and I try to change her. I actually felt like she was doing it on purpose like a game of haha on mommy. So I decided to put her on the potty as soon as he got up from her nap. The first time she screamed until I picked her up and she peed all over me and the floor. But at least some of it ended up in the potty so we could sing and dance and high five. The next time she only cried a little and it ended up all in the potty. So we continued this trend for the next few days of only visiting the potty in the morning or after nap. One time nothing happened so after ten minutes we left without the happy singing, dance and celebratory flush. I think she was disappointed. Everytime we passed the bathroom after that she pointed at the bathroom and said "dat." She even crawls into the bathroom sometimes too. So we kept trying and just about everytime was a success. We sit for up to ten minutes and she points to everything in the bathroom wanting to know what each thing is (over and over and over) and usually within 3-5 minutes she is done. Today was by far the most successful day with Emme peeing FIVE times on the potty. Only one other time today did we sit and nothing happened. Pretty impressive. Unfortunately tomorrow I have to go back to work and all our hard work and practicing will be literally down the toilet!

No comments: