Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby's Mural

I decided a long time ago, I wanted to paint a mural on the baby's wall way before I knew the gender. Since I hate both pink and blue and they are the commercial colors for what else..... babies, I picked out the nursery bedding to be gender neutral. I also love color- lots of different colors and the bedding that caught my eye was Alphabet Soup. So over the summer I took some classes in Ceramics and Painting for fun because I knew I wouldn't just do that kind of thing unless I was in a class and really worked on some samples that I could use for the room. I made some great little bowls and figures to match the animals from Alphabet Soup and practiced painting the animals from the bedding as well.



I then decided I wanted to add a tree and a branch with the bird. So I started sketching the wall AFTER I was put on bed rest of course. Who has time to paint when you are at work all day and then when you get home you are exhausted. I am only allowed to be on my feet for a certain amount of time and then I have to put my feet up, but I have gotten a lot accomplished so far. I will share some pictures as soon as the baby is born since my camera and USB plug are packed!

No comments: