Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Root Canal!

So I have had this tooth that really doesn't bother me much but is completely full of filling. I felt something funny a few months back and when I mentioned it to the dentist he suggested I get a root canal. Now you might think that he just wanted to make some money but I have had this tooth refilled 3 times in the past that inevitably it would need a root canal. So I scheduled myself for today. Today arrived and I had a fresh wave of panic. What if the medicine they give me messes up my breastmilk? What if something happens to me and I have to have major surgery? What if my sister goes into labor while watching my kids and I can't even go get them? Why am I even doing this when I am not even in pain? I SOOOO doubted the entire thing but went through with it anyway. I have to tell you it was awesome. Well as awesome as root canals can go. The dentist was pleasant, nice, explained everything ( I have had 5 prior ones with other dentists) double checked everything -medicines and all to make sure it was compatible with my milk. I still needed many shots of Novocaine since my body just doesn't like to let go. But the procedure went great and I left on Cloud 9 and it wasn't from drugs!

I met up with Jeanine ( who did not go into labor! PHEW) and headed down to my mom's to help her pack for her move. I completely forgot I had major surgery in my mouth except for the one time I bit down on a munchkin and reality set in. Other than that I had no pain and needed no further meds. Then just before bed I stuck my finger in Jack's mouth to see what all the fuss was about him trying to put his whole hand in his mouth and what did I find but a little bottom tooth! I will never forget that. I lost one and he got one! Not even 5 months old and a tooth to boot!

No comments: