Sunday, February 27, 2011

Home Care Nurse

Ok so it's been 11 days since my staples have been out and my wound opened up. So far it is healing slowly. The doctor is satisfied with the results but it is brutal having Paul clean and care for my wound. On Friday a home care nurse called to see how I was and was going to make a post partum visit. The hospital sets this up automatically unless you decline it. They come and check you and the baby out and looks for signs of post partum depression. When I told them about my wound and how my husband was taught to care for it they almost had a heart attack. They told me that is part of their service and my doctor should've alerted them immediately and they would have been coming every day to clean and care for it with saline and packing tape instead of harsh peroxide and gauze packed by a loving non medical professional named Paul! They set up with my doctor for a prescription to come and they will be starting tomorrow. I can't wait and Paul can't either. Other than that things are going well. Jack is nursing every 1.5-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 hours at night. The dogs love him and Emme can't get enough of him. Now if only this wound would close.

No comments: