Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Pinky Binkie

I just had to post this. I absolutely HATE the color baby pink. I don't know why I just do. Before Emme was born I ordered her cool pacifiers with her name on them and Marianne bought her some pink newborn binkies. I was so desperate to keep her quiet and get some sleep we used them with Emme. Unfortunately after a few days Emme kept spitting them out and would get so upset she would scream. It was useless trying to jump up and get to her before her meltdown would start as soon as I heard the binkie pop out. So Emme never ended up using binkies after that. She is a solid thumb sucker! I threw them in a box when I packed up her stuff and then the other night when Jack would not settle back down I dug them out, washed them off and offered it to him. Talk about love. He loves his pinky binkie. I have slept, Paul has slept and Jack has slept. What more can you ask as parents of an almost two week old. My mom and sister keep telling me they are going to buy him some manly binkies but from the picture above I don't think he really cares what color it is as long as he can have it. By the way he HATES the swing and you can clearly see he is tolerating it probably because of his pinky binkie.

No comments: